جديد

لوحة حائط زجاجية من حصن شلمنصر

لوحة حائط زجاجية من حصن شلمنصر


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.


الآجر المزجج لأسرحدون من نمرود: تم تصوير الحملة المصرية

خلال أعمال التنقيب التي قام بها "في الركن الجنوبي الشرقي من التل" في نمرود ، اكتشف أ. هـ. لايارد بعض قطع الطوب الملون (1853b: 164–7 1867: 52–7). يمكن تأريخها لأسرحدون على أساس الأسلوب الأيقوني والموضوع. بفضل الاسم "Tell of Athur" المذكور في حسابات Layard ، يمكننا تحديد الموقع على أنه موقع Fort Shalmaneser للأسف ، ولا يعطي Layard موقعًا أكثر دقة. على الرغم من أننا يمكن أن نؤكد أن القطع تنتمي إلى حصن شلمنصر في وقت تجديده من قبل أسرحدون في القرن السابع قبل الميلاد ، إلا أننا لا نستطيع تحديد الغرف أو الواجهة الخارجية التي زينت في الأصل بها هذه الأجزاء.

تم اقتراح بعض الفرضيات المتعلقة بالموقع الأصلي للطوب المزجج ، إما في الزاوية الجنوبية الشرقية للفناء الداخلي الجنوبي الشرقي (أوتس 1959: 111 ، fn. 20 Nunn 1988: 183) أو في الفناء T (Postgate and Reade 1976–80: 317 Oates and Oates 2001: 183–4) (الشكل 1) ، حيث يبدو أنهم زينوا واجهة خارجية ، إما واجهة Throne Room T1 أو واجهة Courtyard T ، حيث لوح شلمنيسر المصنوع من الطوب المصقول تم العثور عليها ملقاة أمام مدخل الغرفة السابقة T3 (Reade 1963: 38-47 Dayton 1978: PL 24،1).


الملصق متاح

إي روس أدير المبنى الفيدرالي ومحكمة الولايات المتحدة قدم. واين ، إن

مبنى E. Ross Adair الفيدرالي ومحكمة الولايات المتحدة في Fort Wayne ، إنديانا ، ثلاثة طوابق فوق قبو مرتفع قليلاً. يبلغ ارتفاع المبنى من ساحة الدخول إلى قمة الحاجز حوالي 57 قدمًا. المبنى مكسو بالحجر الجيري الرمادي المائل للصفرة مع قاعدة من الجرانيت وخطوات دخول وساحة ومنصات. التفصيل البسيط هو الحجر الجيري المنحوت. النوافذ عبارة عن إطارات وإطارات ألومنيوم بديلة. تتكون هذه المنطقة من ارتفاعات الحجر الجيري الأصلية والموقع المحيط مباشرة بالارتفاعات الشمالية والجنوبية والشرقية للمبنى.

واحدة من أكثر الميزات إثارة للإعجاب في هذا المبنى هي الساحة المتقنة على طول شارع هاريسون (شرق FA & ccedilade). تمتد الساحة حوالي 50 قدمًا من وجه المبنى. هناك خمس درجات من الجرانيت عبر العرض الكامل للواجهة الأمامية والكسيد مع جدران من الجرانيت في كلا الطرفين. يتم تقسيم الخطوات عند نقطة المنتصف بواسطة منصة من الجرانيت لقاعدة سارية العلم. القاعدة عبارة عن أسطوانة برونزية كبيرة فوق القاعدة. في أي من طرفي الساحة ، تشكل قاعدة الجرانيت جدرانًا منحنية وظهر المقاعد المدمجة ، يتم استخدام نفس المعاملة في الجزء الخلفي من الساحة حيث يتم وضع مقعد من الجرانيت بطول 40 قدمًا في المركز على fa & ccedilade. ظهر المقعد محفور بعلامات دائرة البروج ، كما أن مساند الذراعين منقوشة بزخارف من الأوراق المنمقة. المنطقة خلف المقعد عبارة عن منطقة زراعة للأشجار والشجيرات الصغيرة. تستمر جدران الجرانيت في نهايات الساحة ، وتشكل جدران الخد للدرجات الجرانيتية الثلاثة التي تؤدي إلى منصة الدخول في كل من المدخلات الشمالية والجنوبية. توجد مصابيح إضاءة من الجرار البرونزي على كل من جدران الخد في خطوات الدخول هذه. جميع جدران الجرانيت لها حواف مستديرة. الساحة مرصوفة بالجرانيت ، ونمط الرصف يقسم طول الساحة إلى خمسة مربعات بسيطة ، ومربعان بزخرفة ماسية عند المدخلات ، ونمط منحني في كل طرف. تمت إضافة منحدر وصول للمعاقين مصنوع من الخرسانة مع درابزين معدني في الطرف الشمالي من الساحة.

الموقع المجاور مباشرة للارتفاعات الشمالية والجنوبية يتكون من مناطق عشبية واسعة مع بعض الأشجار الناضجة.

يبلغ طول الواجهة الأمامية والمكونة من ثلاثة طوابق للمبنى 211 ملمًا وهي مقسمة إلى أحد عشر فجوة من النوافذ بواسطة أعمدة منمقة من الطراز الكلاسيكي المتعطش تقع بين أجنحة جانبية بارزة قليلاً. تقع المداخل الرئيسية في هذه الأجنحة. توجد فتحات عمودية من ثلاثة طوابق في كسوة الحجر الجيري والتي تحتوي على أبواب الدخول والعوارض والنوافذ ذات الركنيات. تم استبدال أبواب الدخول الأصلية المصنوعة من الألمنيوم ، لكن العارضة الأصلية وشبكات الألومنيوم المصبوبة والقضبان المستعرضة لا تزال قائمة. تم تزيين القضبان المستعرضة بزخارف منمقة من سعف النخيل. تتكرر هذه الفكرة في مواقع مختلفة حول المبنى. فتحات الأبواب محاطة بالحجر بإفريز مزخرف منقوش. زخارف الزينة هي أنماط نباتية وأوراق. إن باطن الكورنيش الموجود أعلى المدخل هو نمط متغير منمنم. توجد نوافذ متطابقة فوق أبواب الدخول في مستويي الطابق الثاني والثالث. تعتبر إطارات النوافذ والإطارات من وحدات الألمنيوم البديلة وتتميز بقضبان ، وهي نفس نمط شبكات الألمنيوم المصبوب أدناه. تفصل الألواح الزجاجية السوداء بين الطابقين الثاني والثالث. يمتد شريط منحوت من التضاريس السطحية عبر الواجهات الأمامية والجانبية عند رؤوس نوافذ الطابق الثالث. يوجد فوق هذا الشريط شريط إفريز مسطح به إفريز من الحجر المنحوت الثقيل. يحتوي هذا الكورنيش على نظام الميزاب الخاص بالمبنى وقد نحت على طوله رؤوس أسد على فترات. يشكل شريط عريض فوق الكورنيش الحاجز وله شرائط ضحلة مصبوبة بالقرب من القمة. يوجد حجر يتأقلم على طول الحاجز بأكمله. توجد رصائع حجرية منحوتة في هذا الشريط فوق كل مدخل مع نسر كعنصر تزييني.

تتميز الخلجان الصغيرة الواقعة بين الأجنحة النهائية بأعمدة حجرية ذات تيجان منحوتة على شكل ورقة منمنمة مع ظهور تاج كورنثي مفلطح يظهر في جميع أنحاء المبنى. تشكل مجموعة جارية من أوراق النخيل منمنمة قواعد الأعمدة وتستمر حول الواجهة الأمامية والكسيد وجزء من ثلاثة طوابق من الواجهات الجانبية. يحتوي كل خليج على نوافذ في الطوابق الأول والثاني والثالث بين الأعمدة الحجرية. جميع النوافذ عبارة عن إطارات وإطارات ألومنيوم بديلة. يشار إلى مستويات الأرضية بألواح معدنية سباندرل بزخارف نسر في الطابق الثاني وألواح من الحجر الجيري مع ميدالية منحوتة بسيطة في مستوى الطابق الثالث. يوجد فوق أعمدة الواجهة الأمامية والخلفية شريط إفريز عادي محفور بالأحرف التالية: "مكتب بريد الولايات المتحدة ودار المحكمة". علاجات الكورنيش والحاجز هي نفسها تلك الموجودة فوق أجنحة الدخول بدون رصائع.

يتم تقسيم الجنوب FA & ccedilade بصريًا إلى ثلاثة أجزاء. الجزء الأول هو الخليج المريح قليلاً ، والذي يشكل جناح الدخول. الجزء الثاني هو الجزء الرئيسي من الجزء المكون من ثلاثة طوابق من المبنى والجزء الثالث هو الجزء المكون من طابق واحد من غرفة العمل البريدية السابقة. يتم ربط كل من fa & ccedilade معًا بواسطة قاعدة الجرانيت المرتفعة التي تكون أكثر انكشافًا حيث ينحدر الموقع إلى الغرب. توجد فتحات في الجرانيت للنوافذ في الطابق السفلي في جميع الخلجان ، باستثناء الخليجين الشرقيين. تحتوي كل نافذة على شبك معدني. يحتوي الخليج المريح لجناح الدخول على فتحة رأسية في الحجر الجيري حيث يتم وضع نوافذ الطابق الأول والثاني والثالث ، مع ألواح spandrel بين مستويات الأرضية. تتطابق تفاصيل هذه النوافذ تقريبًا مع تلك الموجودة في الواجهة الأمامية والخلفية الأمامية ، ومع ذلك ، لا توجد شبكة شواء والفتحات أضيق. الحواف والأفاريز المنحوتة هي نفسها ، النافذة والأفاريز في الطابقين الثاني والثالث هي نفس الواجهة الأمامية والأفاريز والزخرفة المنحوتة والإفريز والحواجز متطابقة. ينقسم الجزء الرئيسي من fa & ccedilade المكون من ثلاثة طوابق إلى سبعة خلجان ، تظهر على شكل خمسة شرائط عمودية من طابقين يعلوها فتحة مربعة ، يحيط بها خليجان بنوافذ صغيرة مستطيلة في كل مستوى من طبقات الأرض. يتم تحديد الأشرطة الرأسية الخمسة بواسطة أعمدة مسطحة ومنمقة ، مطابقة لتلك الموجودة في fa & ccedilade الأمامية لتحديد النطاقات الرأسية الخمسة. الأطراف الطرفية مع فتحات النوافذ المستطيلة غير مزخرفة باستثناء الشريط المكون لقواعد الأعمدة ، والإفريز ، والكورنيش ، والحاجز. يحتوي الجزء المكون من طابق واحد من غرفة العمل البريدية السابقة على أشرطة عمودية للنوافذ. رؤوس هذه الفتحات حتى مع فتحات نافذة الطابق الأول في نهاية الخليج ، لكن العتبات منخفضة. الزخرفة مبسطة بشكل عام. يشار إلى الأعمدة فقط من خلال مفاصل في كسوة الحجر الجيري ، ويشار إلى الكورنيش فقط من خلال ارتياح طفيف ، ويتم الإشارة إلى الشريط الجاري من الزخرفة المنحوتة التي تشكل قواعد أعمدة في مكان آخر ، فقط من خلال ارتياح طفيف.

يتطابق الشمال fa & ccedilade مع الجنوب fa & ccedilade باستثناء وجود ممرات منطقة إلى نوافذ الطابق السفلي وممر منطقة به درج لتوفير الوصول إلى الطابق السفلي على طول الجزء المكون من طابق واحد من fa & ccedilade.

موقع قاعة المحكمة واضح في الطابقين الثاني والثالث من الارتفاع الغربي لمحكمة الضوء البعيد. تحتوي الخلجان المركزية الخمسة على فتحات طويلة تعكس ارتفاع قاعة المحكمة المكون من طابقين. توجد في الفتحات الموجودة على جانبي نافذة قاعة المحكمة ثلاث فتحات نافذة في كل رافعة أرضية. يحتوي المرتفعات الشمالية والجنوبية للملعب الخفيف على فتحتين نافذتين على كل مستوى طابق.

يحتوي الجزء الداخلي من قاعة المحكمة على العديد من المساحات المهمة بما في ذلك الردهة البريدية السابقة في الطابق الأول وقاعة المحكمة في الطابق الثاني. تتميز الردهة البريدية بأرضيات تيرازو وجدران رخامية وأسقف من الجبس المزخرف وأبواب ونوافذ من الألومنيوم المصبوب. تتميز قاعة المحكمة المكونة من طابقين بألواح جدارية من خشب الماهوجني مع ترصيع من خشب الجوز. يحتفظ كل من هذين الفراغين بالكثير من مظهرهما الأصلي وعظمتهما.


قناة زجاج

زجاج القناة هو زجاج معماري متخصص لتطبيقات الجدران الداخلية والخارجية ، ويتميز بجماله الخطي المميز. تتميز القنوات الزجاجية على شكل حرف U بأنها ذاتية الدعم ، حيث يصل ارتفاعها إلى 23 قدمًا (7 أمتار) بسمك خفيف نسبيًا 7 مم. إنها تتطلب الحد الأدنى من الإطارات المحيطة ، مما يؤدي إلى إنشاء جدران زجاجية غير ملحومة تقريبًا يمكن أن يصل طولها إلى مئات الأقدام ويمكن أن تمتد عبر الارتفاعات.

  • ضوء النهار: ينشر الضوء ويقلل من الوهج ، ويوفر ضوءًا طبيعيًا دون فقدان الخصوصية
  • مسافات كبيرة: جدران زجاجية بمسافات غير محدودة أفقيًا وبارتفاعات تصل إلى 23 قدمًا (7 أمتار)
  • أناقة: توفر الزوايا من الزجاج إلى الزجاج ومنحنيات أمبير سربنتين توزيعًا ناعمًا ومتساويًا للضوء
  • براعه: من الواجهات إلى الأقسام الداخلية إلى الإضاءة
  • الأداء الحراري: نطاق قيمة U = 0.49 إلى 0.19 (الحد الأدنى من نقل الحرارة)
  • الأداء الصوتي: يصل إلى تصنيف خفض الصوت لـ STC 43 (أفضل من جدار مسمار معزول 4.5 ″ بات)
  • سلس: لا داعمات معدنية عمودية مطلوبة
  • وزن خفيف: ¼ ”من السهل تصميم الزجاج ذي القنوات السميكة والتعامل معها

يوفر زجاج القناة بديلاً مذهلاً لجدران المباني التقليدية غير الشفافة والزجاج المعماري المسطح ، مما يخلق جدرانًا زجاجية غير ملحومة تقريبًا بأحجام ونسب هائلة. يمكن أن يصل ارتفاع القنوات الزجاجية ثلاثية الأبعاد ذاتية الدعم إلى 23 قدمًا ، بسمك زجاجي خفيف الوزن نسبيًا بوصة. يتطلب زجاج القناة الحد الأدنى من الإطارات ، مما يخلق مظهرًا موحدًا بخطوط تصميم نظيفة. تتوفر منتجات زجاج قنوات Bendheim في ثمانية قوام زخرفي للسطح ، ومئات الألوان ، ومجموعة من طلاءات الأداء الحراري ، وإدراج العزل ، وأنظمة الإطار.


مزايا لوحة معدنية

مع أكثر من 55 عامًا من الخبرة ، تعد شركة Metal Sales أكبر شركة لتصنيع الأسقف المعدنية والجدران وأنظمة البناء في البلاد.

المنتجات المميزة مبيعات المعادن

7/8 "مموج • سقف

تغطية اللوحة: 32"
ارتفاع الضلع: 7/8"
ميزات الضلع: 2-2 / 3 "مراكز
المقاييس القياسية: 24, 26
مقاييس اختيارية: 22, 20

لوحة الحائط AP1-1212

تغطية اللوحة: 12"
ارتفاع الضلع: 1"
ميزات الضلع: ضلع متماثل
المقياس القياسي: 24
مقاييس اختيارية: 22, 20

كلاسيك ريب®

تغطية اللوحة: 36"
ارتفاع الضلع: 3/4"
ميزات الضلع: ضلع شبه منحرف أعلى الجرس على 9 مراكز
المقاييس القياسية: 26, 29

DM40 جدار ميسا مزدوج • سلسلة IMPower

تغطية اللوحة: 40"
ميزات الضلع: لوحة الحائط المعزولة
المقياس القياسي: 26
مقاييس اختيارية: 22, 24

لوحة الحائط EM15-126

تغطية اللوحة: 12"
ارتفاع الضلع: 1-1/2"
ميزات الضلع: مربع الضلع الشخصي
المقياس القياسي: 24
مقاييس اختيارية: 22, 20

T16-E • الجدار

تغطية اللوحة: 36"
ارتفاع الضلع: 3/4"
ميزات الضلع: أضلاع صندوقية عمودية 90 درجة على مراكز 4-1 / 2 "
المقياس القياسي: 24
مقياس اختياري: 22

TL-1222

تغطية اللوحة: 12"
ارتفاع الضلع: 1-1/2"
المقياس القياسي: 24
مقاييس اختيارية: 22, 18, 20

تغطية اللوحة: 12"
ارتفاع الضلع: 1-1/2"
ميزات الضلع: عمق 1.5 بوصة
المقياس القياسي: 24
مقاييس اختيارية: 22, 20

تسريع مشروع البناء المعدني القادم


لوحة حائط زجاجية من حصن شلمنصر - تاريخ

الشرق الأدنى القديم : آثار

جدران بابل الأصلية جدران بابل الأصلية ، 604 إلى 562 قبل الميلاد. في 604 إلى 562 قبل الميلاد ، تم بناء جدران حجرية سميكة حول بابل.

المسلة السوداء لشلمنصر الثالث تم اكتشاف المسلة السوداء لشلمنصر الثالث من قبل الراحل هنري لايارد في عام 1845. تم العثور على نصب من الحجر الجيري الأسود بطول 7 أقدام في أنقاض قصر شلمنصر الثالث في كالا القديمة ، بالقرب من نينوى. يحتوي على العديد من اللوحات التي تعرض مآثر الملوك الآشوريين. المسلة السوداء هي واحدة من أهم الاكتشافات في علم الآثار التوراتي لأن إحدى اللوحات تصور الملك العبري ياهو ، أو ربما أحد خدمه ، وهو يقدم الهدايا إلى شلمنصر ويركع عند قدميه. يقول النقش أعلاه: "جزية ياهو بن عمري ، فضة ، ذهب ، أوعية من ذهب ، كؤوس من ذهب ، أكواب من ذهب ، مزهريات من ذهب ، رصاص ، صولجان للملك ، وأعمدة رمح ، أنا أستلمت." (تاريخ الكتاب المقدس على الإنترنت)

حدائق بابل المعلقة تعتبر حدائق بابل المعلقة من عجائب العالم القديم. وصف المؤرخ اليوناني هيرودوت بابل بتفصيل كبير. بناها الملك نبوخذ نصر في عام 580 قبل الميلاد على ما يبدو لزوجته أميتيس ، ابنة الملك الوسيط أستياجيس ، التي كانت تشعر بالحنين إلى الوطن للجبال والنباتات في موطنها الأصلي. تم تحديد الموقع من قبل عالم آثار يدعى كولدواي في الركن الشمالي الشرقي من قصر نبوخذ نصر بالقرب من بوابة عشتار. ربما تم تطوير الحدائق على هيكل مثل الزقورة وبنيت على شكل مصاطب مرتفعة. اكتشف كولدواي أقواس وأقواس ضخمة في الموقع. اكتشف أيضًا نظامًا هيدروليكيًا قديمًا مثل مضخة تسحب المياه من النهر. كان ارتفاع المبنى حوالي 75 قدمًا وكانت الحدائق على مستويات مختلفة نمت حول مبنى وفوقه. (تاريخ الكتاب المقدس على الإنترنت)

هاتوسا يحتوي على صور آثار في حتوسا. Hattuþa موقع رائع. إنه أحد مواقع التراث العالمي لليونسكو. تعود أقدم آثار الاستيطان على الموقع إلى الألفية السادسة قبل الميلاد. قبل عام 2000 قبل الميلاد ، تم تسوية الموقع من قبل حتي ، ما قبل الحثيين. حوالي عام 1700 قبل الميلاد ، تم تدمير هذه المدينة ، على ما يبدو من قبل الملك أنيتا من كشر. بعد جيل ، بنى ملك يتحدث الحثية حتوا. أصبحت عاصمة الإمبراطورية الحيثية. في ذروتها ، غطت المدينة 1.8 كيلومتر مربع. دمرت المدينة حوالي 1200 قبل الميلاد مع انهيار الإمبراطورية الحيثية. يوجد بالمدينة العديد من مجمعات المعابد الكبيرة والعديد من التحصينات ، بما في ذلك سور المدينة الكبير. بالقرب من Yazýlýkaya ، ملاذ Hattuþa. يحتوي على بعض النقوش الرائعة المنحوتة في الجدران الصخرية. حكم الحيثيون إمبراطورية شاسعة في الشرق الأوسط.

قصر الحيثية في تركيا منطقة القصر الحثي. تظهر هذه الصورة أنقاض قصر حثي في ​​تركيا. تُظهر الأحجار المستطيلة الشكل الخطوط العريضة لمكان وجود الغرف وينمو العشب بينها. يمكن رؤية ثلاثة أواني تيرا كوتا كبيرة في إحدى "الغرف". يتم إبعاد زوار الموقع عن الأنقاض بواسطة سياج من الأسلاك الشائكة.

قصر نبوخذ نصر قصر الملك نبوخذ نصر في بابل القديمة http: //architecture.about. com / od / themiddleeast / ig / العراق-

قصر سرجون الثاني في خورساباد صورة إعادة بناء قصر سرجون الثاني في خورساباد ، العراق

الصور المعاد بناؤها لمدينة بابل في العراق مدينة قديمة كانت تقع على الجانب الشرقي من نهر الفرات ، وعاصمة دولة بابل في الألفية الثانية والأولى قبل الميلاد. تم العثور على أنقاضها على بعد 90 كم جنوب بغداد الحديثة في العراق ، وكان الأساس الرئيسي لاقتصاد بابل هو طرق التجارة بين الخليج الفارسي والبحر الأبيض المتوسط ​​، وكذلك الزراعة التي يغذيها نهر الفرات الغني. تشتهر بابل اليوم بشكل رئيسي بحجمها وهندستها المعمارية من فترة نبوخذ نصر 2 في القرن السادس قبل الميلاد ، عندما كانت تغطي حوالي 10 كيلومترات مربعة وكانت إلى حد بعيد أكبر مدينة في العالم. لكن هذه المدينة صمدت لعقود قليلة فقط قبل أن ينهبها الفرس. أمر صدام حسين بإعادة الإعمار فوق الآثار القديمة التي دمرت الكثير من القطع الأثرية القديمة في الموقع.

بوابة عشتار بابل القديمة "" بوابة عشتار (تاريخ الكتاب المقدس على الإنترنت). تم بناء بوابة عشتار ، وهي إحدى البوابات الثمانية لمدينة بابل الداخلية ، في عهد نبوخذ نصر الثاني (604-562 قبل الميلاد). تم العثور على أساسات البوابة فقط ، وهي تنحدر حوالي 45 قدمًا ، مع أشكال مصبوبة غير مزججة. أعيد بناء البوابة في متحف بيرغامون ، برلين ، من الطوب المزجج الموجود ، لذلك يختلف ارتفاعها الأصلي في الحجم. الارتفاع المعاد بناؤه 47 قدمًا.

الزقورات بابل القديمة "" الزقورات (تاريخ الكتاب المقدس على الإنترنت) من أهم جوانب الديانة والتقاليد البابلية ، وربما أكثرها شهرة ، الزقورة. كانت الزقورات عبارة عن هياكل ضخمة "متدرجة" بها معبد على قمتها وفوق الأرض. كان هذا المعبد لإله المدينة. سيكون زقورة المدينة بسهولة أكثر المباني بروزًا في المدينة ، حيث يرتفع فوق أي زائر قادم إلى مدينتهم. لذلك لم تكن الزقورة مجرد مركز ديني بل كانت أيضًا مركزًا للفخر المدني. أي زائر لا يمكن إلا أن يرى الزقورة. تم بناء الزقورات على نطاق هائل: في زمن حمورابي كانوا يصلون أحيانًا إلى ارتفاع 150 قدمًا. حول القاعدة قد يكون هناك المزيد من المعابد أو في بعض الحالات أماكن إقامة للكهنة.


الترقية إلى معايير كفاءة استخدام الطاقة اليوم و aposs

كما هو الحال مع النوافذ الخشبية التقليدية ، فإن ما يجعل مطابقة مظهر خطوط الرؤية التاريخية أكثر صعوبة هو محاولة تضمين ترقيات الحفاظ على الطاقة ، خاصة مع الأضواء المقسمة الحقيقية. يشرح دومينيك سيانو للنوافذ والأبواب الفولاذية في ستراتفورد ، كونيكتيكت. & # x201C في أنظمة إطارات اليوم & # x2019s ، عادةً ما تستخدم وحدة زجاجية معزولة (IGU) ، والتي تكون أكثر سمكًا من الزجاج أحادي اللوحة ويمكن أن تقلل من السطح الخارجي لتطبيق المعجون ، ولكن لا يزال من الممكن القيام بذلك باستخدام أقسام أعمق. & # x201 د

يضيف جويس أنه في مثل هذه الحالات ، قد يكون نطاق W20 خيارًا. & # x201C لدينا نطاقات نوافذ أخرى أيضًا مع بُعد أوسع من الأمام إلى الخلف ، لذا من الممكن إعادة الزجاج إلى الإطار مثل النوافذ الحالية ، والحفاظ على منحدر المعجون المرئي نفسه على السطح الخارجي للمبنى. & # x201D يضاف إلى ذلك شريط الختم المزدوج والفاصل حول IGU الذي يجب إخفاؤه عن الأنظار. & # x201C كانت عروض muntin التاريخية الأكثر شيوعًا & # xBE- و 1- و 11/8-in. ، على الرغم من وجود العديد من الأحجام المتوسطة ، & # x201D كما يقول جويس. نظرًا لوجود & # x2019s حدًا لمدى انخفاض قضبان المباعد في IGU ، فإن اختيار شريط muntin الفولاذي الذي لا يزال يخفي الختم والفاصل ينتهي عادةً بحوالي 11/8 بوصة.

قام كريتال بتصنيع النوافذ الفولاذية لمحكمة مقاطعة ميرسر التاريخية في برينستون ، فيرجينيا الغربية. تم تصميم هيكل 1930-31 من قبل Alex B. Mahood ويعتبر مثالاً هامًا على أسلوب Art Moderne. تم إدراجه في السجل الوطني للأماكن التاريخية في عام 1980.

بالإضافة إلى الأضواء المقسمة الحقيقية ، يقول جويس إنه على أساس كل مشروع على حدة ، يمكنهم صنع مصابيح مقسمة محاكاة (SDL) بشبكة فولاذية ملحومة. & # x201C بهذه الطريقة ، لديك وحدة زجاجية واحدة معزولة ، وتخطيط شبكي أرق بكثير لتكرار النوافذ الحالية. & # x201D يضيف Siano ، & # x201C مع SDL لديك نافذة أداء أفضل لأن لديك وحدة زجاجية واحدة ، مقابل القول ست أو تسعة أو اثنتي عشرة قطعة من الزجاج على وحدة ، فهي توفر مركزًا أفضل لقيمة U بقطعة واحدة كبيرة تعادل وحدة أداء أفضل بالإضافة إلى وجود عشرات من تركيبات الزجاج المتاحة مع الطلاءات المتخصصة التي تساعد على زيادة الأداء. & # x201D

علاوة على ذلك ، من الممكن أيضًا محاكاة الألواح الزجاجية المحتوية على الرصاص المستخدمة في العديد من النوافذ الفولاذية ذات الطراز الرومانسي. كمثال ، يصف Siano عمولة حديثة لمشروع جديد مصمم ليبدو كمبنى تاريخي. & # x201C لقد صنعنا ملف تعريف مخصصًا خصيصًا لهذا المشروع ، ولكن تم تمديده من الأمام إلى الخلف للسماح بزجاج ثلاثي. فجوة تنفيس. & # x201C لذلك تحتوي هذه النافذة على قيم U منخفضة جدًا ، ومستوى أداء مقاومة عالية جدًا للرياح والماء والهواء ، ولكن من الشارع ، فهي دقيقة تاريخياً إلى النوافذ الأصلية في عشرينيات القرن الماضي و # x201830s على الموقع. & # x201 د

تشمل التطورات الأخرى في النوافذ الفولاذية طلاء مسحوق البوليستر ، والذي تم تصميمه لتقليل الصيانة إلى ما يزيد قليلاً عن الغسيل الدوري. ومع ذلك ، يقول جويس إن التحسن الأكبر & # x2013 والذي لا يغير & # x2019t جمالية النافذة & # x2013 هو جلفنة بالغمس الساخن. & # x201D النوافذ الأكبر حجمًا ، إذا تم دهنها كل ست أو سبع سنوات ، فلن تصدأ أبدًا ، ولكن في الواقع لا يحدث ذلك. & # x201D الجلفنة بالغمس الساخن هي نوع من الفن الأسود لتصحيحها حقًا ، كما يقول ، & # x201C لكننا & # x2019ve نقوم بهذه العملية لأكثر من 60 عامًا ، لذلك نحن & # x2019 جيدون فيها. & # x201D


جولة في الكتاب المقدس في المتحف البريطاني

لا تشتهر متاحف العلوم عمومًا بأي اهتمام بالنصوص التوراتية (ربما يكون "العداء" تجاهها توصيفًا أفضل). ومع ذلك ، بالنسبة لأولئك الذين يعرفون أين ينظرون ، فإن العديد منهم هم كنز حقيقي من القطع الأثرية التوراتية. المتحف البريطاني في لندن ، إنجلترا - أحد أعظم المتاحف على وجه الأرض - ليس استثناءً بالتأكيد.

زرت المتحف مؤخرًا مع مجموعة من معسكر الشباب. قبل رحلتنا الاستكشافية إلى لندن ، أمضينا بعض الوقت في التعرف على القطع الأثرية الرئيسية ذات الأهمية التوراتية المعروضة في المتحف. على الرغم من وجود العديد منها ، فقد قمنا بإدراج بعض من أفضلها في القائمة المختصرة. سواء كان الأمر يتعلق بذكر أسماء و / أو أحداث معينة في الكتاب المقدس ، فإن هذه القطع الأثرية الرائعة هي شهادة على صحة الكتاب المقدس. يوجد أدناه وصف موجز لكل قطعة أثرية ذات صلة توراتية موجودة في المتحف البريطاني ، مرتبة وفقًا للتسلسل الزمني الموازي لها في قصة الكتاب المقدس. أخذ المعسكر نسخة مطبوعة مماثلة من هذه القائمة معهم حول المتحف - نأمل أن تكون هذه المقالة مفيدة ، خاصة لأي من قرائنا الذين قد يزورون المتحف البريطاني في المستقبل. وحتى بالنسبة لأولئك الذين قد لا تتاح لهم الفرصة للزيارة ، ستساعد هذه المقالة على الأقل في تحريك حياة وأوقات الكتاب المقدس ، وتوضيح صفحاتها وإثبات صحتها بشكل مباشر.

ملحمة الخلق

هذه قطعة أثرية آشورية يعود تاريخها إلى حوالي 650 قبل الميلاد. من المعروف أن القصة هي نسخة من نسخة سابقة يرجع تاريخها إلى حوالي 2000 قبل الميلاد - مما يجعلها أقرب قصة إنشاء تم اكتشافها من خلال علم الآثار. ال ملحمة الخلق تناقش النسخة الآشورية لبداية العالم ، وبسبب تكوينها الأصلي المبكر ، فليس من المستغرب أن تكون تفاصيلها موازية للعديد من تلك الموجودة في الكتاب المقدس. ال الملحم:

  • يذكر خلق العالم (تكوين 1-2)
  • يصف حالة من الفوضى والعديد من المياه (تكوين 1: 2)
  • يشير إلى ولادة ابن ، يُقدَّر بـ "المنتقم" و "البطولي" ، "نحن الذين يوفقهم" (احتمال موازٍ لقايين تكوين 4: 1)
  • يذكر وجود الأفاعي الوحشية (تكوين 3)
  • مراجع "السبت" (تكوين 2: 1-3).

ملحمة جلجامش

قطعة أثرية آشورية أخرى يعود تاريخها إلى حوالي 650 قبل الميلاد - مرة أخرى ، نسخة من قصة سابقة (مجزأة) يعتقد أنها تعود إلى 2200 قبل الميلاد. ال ملحمة جلجامشيناقش النسخة السومرية من الطوفان العظيم. ال الملحم يصف:

  • فيضان عظيم (تكوين 6-8)
  • مركب بُني للبطل وعائلته ولكل الحيوانات (تكوين 7: 1-2).
  • الطوفان كعقاب لشر الإنسان (تكوين 6)
  • الفلك يستريح على جبل بعد انحسار المياه (تكوين 8: 4)
  • أطلق البطل سراح أنواع الحمامة والغربان للتحقق من اليابسة (تكوين 8: 6-12)
  • البطل يقدم الذبائح (تكوين 8:20).

ملحمة أترا حاسيس

هذه قطعة أثرية بابلية ، يعود تاريخها إلى حوالي 1650 قبل الميلاد ، وتصف النسخة البابلية من الطوفان العظيم. انها تصف:

  • فيضان عظيم (تكوين 6-8)
  • أمر بطل ببناء قارب له وللحيوانات من أجل البقاء (تكوين 7: 1-2)
  • على وجه التحديد أن الحيوانات دخلت اثنان في اثنين (تكوين 7: 2-9).

رسائل العمارنة

هذه الرسائل من حكام كنعانيين ، موجهة إلى فرعون مصر. يعود تاريخها إلى وقت دخول الإسرائيليين واحتلال أرض الموعد (طوال القرن الرابع عشر قبل الميلاد). إنها نداءات يائسة لمساعدة مصر ضد ما يعتبره الكنعانيون شعوبًا بلا مأوى تغزو وتحتل أرض كنعان بأكملها. في موضوع موازٍ لسفر يشوع ، رسائل العمارنة:

  • أطلق على المهاجمين الشرسين "البدو" اسم هابيرو (أو هابيرو ، وهو مصطلح يبدو مشابهًا جدًا لـ اللغة العبرية)
  • اذكر أسماء العديد من المدن الكنعانية التوراتية
  • صِف الغزو الواسع النطاق لكنعان وهزيمة المدن التي يذكرها الكتاب المقدس أن الإسرائيليين أخذوها.

بوابة بلاوات

يعود تاريخ هذا العرض إلى حوالي 850 قبل الميلاد. عرض البوابة الرئيسي في المتحف هو نسخة طبق الأصل ، بينما يتم عرض أشرطة البوابة البرونزية الأصلية وصورها في جميع أنحاء الغرفة. تعود ملكية هذه البوابات إلى مدينة بلاوات الآشورية الواقعة بالقرب من نينوى. البوابات والمنحوتات المصاحبة لها:

  • هي مثال على نوع الأبواب التي قد يكون النبي يونان قد مر بها ، في الوعظ لنينوى المجاورة (يونان 3: 3-4 4: 5)
  • قدم بعض البصيرة حول لماذا أرسل الله يونان وهم يصورون ويمجدون ممارسات التعذيب المروعة ، المعروفة أيضًا من الوثائق الآشورية (يونان 3: 8)
  • قدم أيضًا فكرة عن سبب خوف يونان من الكرازة ضد نينوى (يونان 1: 3)
  • ساعد في توضيح حجم وقوة الإمبراطورية الآشورية العامة (يونان 3: 3 4:11).

كورخ مونوليث

نصب تذكاري آشوري يعود تاريخه إلى حوالي 850 قبل الميلاد ، ويوثق انتصارات شلمنصر الثالث ضد تحالف الملوك. منليث الكرخ:

  • يؤكد وجود الملك "آخاب الإسرائيلي" (ملوك الأول 16-22)
  • يذكر أيضًا ملك سوريا التوراتي (هاداديزر - غير مذكور في الكتاب المقدس ، ومع ذلك مذكور في 1 ملوك 22: 3 ، 31 2 ملوك 5 6: 8-23)
  • يقدم أدلة على العلاقات السلمية والتعاون العسكري بين إسرائيل وسوريا (الملوك الأول 20: 31-34 22: 1)
  • يوضح قوة مملكة إسرائيل - أرسل أخآب 10000 جندي إسرائيلي إلى معركة قرقار - هذه قوة كبيرة للغاية لمعركة مثل هذه في العصور القديمة.

المسلة السوداء

هذا هو حجر نصر آخر للملك الآشوري شلمنصر الثالث. يعود تاريخه إلى نفس وقت Kurkh Monolith. المسلة السوداء:

  • يسمي ملك إسرائيل ياهو (ملوك الثاني 9-10)
  • وثائق الجزية التي دفعها الإسرائيليون في عهد ياهو (ربما خلال سنوات التمرد اللاحقة له)
  • يحتوي على تصوير لرجل راكع في مقدمة أولئك الذين يقدمون الجزية - وهو تصوير محتمل جدًا لجيهو. إذا كان هو الصورة الوحيدة المعروفة لملك إسرائيلي
  • كما يسمي الملك و "أب" مملكة إسرائيل الشمالية ، عمري (ملوك الأول 16).

نقش تيغلاث بيلسر الثالث

يعود تاريخ هذا النقش الآشوري إلى حوالي 730 قبل الميلاد. إنه لوح جبس من القصر الآشوري في نمرود. النقش:

  • ينتمي إلى ملك آشور في الكتاب المقدس ، تيغلاث بلصر (ملوك الثاني 15:29)
  • يذكر آحاز ملك يهوذا (الملوك الثاني 16: 7 ، المسمى بالصيغة الأطول لاسمه يهوآحاز على النقش)
  • يذكر أن آشور تلقت جزية من الفضة والذهب من آحاز (وهي حقيقة تم تأكيدها مباشرة في الملوك الثاني 16: 8).

الأختام LMLK

هذه طوابع مقبض من الفخار في يهودا ، تم اكتشاف الآلاف منها. هم من حكم ملك يهوذا حزقيا. في حين أن الغرض منها غير مفهوم تمامًا ، إلا أن LMLK أختام:

  • تحمل النص "LMLK" بمعنى "الانتماء إلى الملك"
  • كما تحمل كل منها اسم واحدة من أربع مدن (ثلاثة منها معروفة في الكتاب المقدس - الخليل ، سوكوه ، وزيف)
  • يُعتقد أنها شكل من أشكال أواني الضرائب / الحصص التموينية استعدادًا للغزو الآشوري (الملوك الثاني 18-20).

نقوش لاكيش

المنحوتات الجدارية ، أو "النقوش" ، من قصر الملك سنحاريب في نينوى. يعود تاريخها إلى حوالي 700 قبل الميلاد. وهي جزء من مجموعة أكبر من الصور التي تصور قوة وجبروت الملك الآشوري. توجد قطع أثرية أخرى من نفس المعركة في المعرض القريب. نقوش لاكيش:

  • تأكيد وجود الملك التوراتي سنحاريب (إشعياء 36-37)
  • تصور احتلال الآشوريين لخيش (ملوك الثاني 18: 13-14 إشعياء 36: 1-2 إلخ.)
  • ساعد في إثبات أنه بينما كان سنحاريب قادرًا على هزيمة ثاني أهم مدينة في يهوذا ، لخيش ، فقد كان ليس قادر على هزيمة أورشليم (الملوك الثاني 19 - وإلا لكان هذا قد تم تصويره بدلاً من ذلك).

نقش مجنح الثور

تم تأطير هذا النقش ، الذي يخص الملك سنحاريب أيضًا ، بين أرجل نحت على شكل ثور كبير. النص التفصيلي للنقش:

  • يثبت وجود الملك حزقيا
  • يوثق محاولته شراء طريقه للخروج من الحصار (ملوك الثاني 18: 14-16)
  • يؤكد مقدار الذهب المشحون بالضبط ، كما هو موصوف في الكتاب المقدس (30 وزنة) ويؤكد أيضًا دفع الفضة (الآية 14)

تايلور بريزم

نقش آخر للملك سنحاريب يعود إلى حوالي 700 قبل الميلاد. يفتخر Taylor Prism بانتصارات سنحاريب. المنشور:

  • كما يشير إلى الملك حزقيا
  • يؤكد أن سنحاريب نصب قواته حول أورشليم (الملوك الثاني 18:17)
  • من الواضح أنه لم يذكر أي هجمات على القدس - فقط يتباهى بفعل "محاصرة" اليهود داخل أسوار المدينة
  • يؤكد حقيقة أن سنحاريب لم احتلال القدس - لأنه لم يستطع! ومع ذلك ، لم يكن هذا شيئًا يعترف به الملك العبثي. (الملوك الثاني 19: 35-37 يصف الموت المعجزة بين عشية وضحاها لـ 185000 جندي آشوري على يد ملاك).

نقش شبنا

ينتمي نقش شبنا إلى عتبة قبر تم العثور عليه خارج أسوار القدس مباشرة. يعود تاريخها إلى حوالي 700 قبل الميلاد. النقش:

  • يُعتقد أنه ينتمي إلى شبنا أمين صندوق إشعياء 22 (تم قطع الاسم في الغالب وتلف)
  • يلفظ لعنة على من يفتح القبر ، يرن مثل اللعنة المعلنة على شبنة وقبره في إشعياء 22: 15-19. يتم إعطاء أهمية إضافية من خلال حقيقة أن الاسم تم اقتلاعه
  • لاحظ ختمًا معروضًا في المتحف بالقرب من هذا العتب مكتوبًا عليه "شبنا ، ابن أخآب" - من المحتمل أن يكون هذا هو نفس شبنة.

تاريخ بابلي

هذه وثيقة بابلية تعود للملك نبوخذ نصر. يعود تاريخه إلى بداية القرن السادس قبل الميلاد. التاريخ البابلي:

  • يثبت الكتاب المقدس الملك نبوخذ نصر
  • يصف غزواته لـ "أرض حتي" (الأراضي المشتركة لسوريا وإسرائيل)
  • تصف "مدينة يهوذا"
  • يذكر أن نبوخذ نصر عيّن ملكه على يهوذا - مما يؤكد رواية الكتاب المقدس عن تعيين نبوخذ نصر لآخر ملوك يهوذا ، صدقيا (أخبار الأيام الثاني 36:10).

رسائل لاكيش

يعود تاريخ رسائل لاكيش إلى ما قبل سقوط يهوذا - حوالي 587 قبل الميلاد. إنها نقوش عبرية بالحبر على الفخار ، تعطي فكرة فريدة عن اللحظات الأخيرة ليهودا قبل سقوط البابليين. رسائل لاكيش:

  • Describe the story of two biblical cities, Azekah and Lachish (Jeremiah 34:7)
  • One of the Lachish letters discovered mentions an officer desperately waiting to see fire signals from Lachish because they cannot be seen from Azekah. This meant that Azekah must have been captured already by the invading Babylonians, and the nervous officer was waiting to see if the same was true at Lachish.

Nebo-sarsechim Tablet

This little tablet also belonged to King Nebuchadnezzar. It discusses one of his leading generals. The Nebo-sarsechim Tablet:

  • Confirms the existence of a general described in Jeremiah 39:3 as being present at the fall of Jerusalem
  • Verse 3 lists a number of names of Babylonian chiefs. However, the King James Version’s translation is poor. The names “Samgar-nebo, Sarsechim, Rabsaris” are better translated “Samgar, Nebo-sarsechim the Rabsaris”
  • “Rabsaris” was the position that Nebo-sarsechim held.

Nabonidus Cylinder

This small cylinder dates to around 550 B.C. It belongs to the last king of the Babylonian Empire, Nabonidus. King Nabonidus was held as proof against the veracity of the biblical account, because the Bible stated that a man named Belshazzar was the last king of Babylon (Daniel 5). However, the discovery of the Nabonidus Cylinder revealed that.

  • King Nabonidus had a firstborn son named Belshazzar
  • This son therefore became de-facto king of the capital city Babylon while his father spent much time away in the far reaches of his kingdom
  • The existence of Belshazzar, in a ثانيا-place position of government, makes sense against the biblical account—Belshazzar gifted the prophet Daniel a position الثالث in rank—that was the highest honor that the king could have given him.

Cyrus Cylinder

The Cyrus Cylinder is one of the most famous pieces in the British Museum. Dating to 536 B.C., this inscription belonged to the Persian King Cyrus the Great. It is known as one of the earliest charters of human rights and showed the great and unusual benevolence of King Cyrus toward his conquered peoples. The Cyrus Cylinder, specifically directed to the captured Babylonians:

  • Is one of the many archaeological proofs of King Cyrus
  • Decrees that the people are allowed to continue their lives as normal under the Persian Empire, continuing to worship their gods, build their temples, etc.
  • Essentially is a version of what is documented in Ezra 1:1-3, where King Cyrus allows the يهود freedom under his rule to return to their homeland, rebuild the temple, and worship their God.
  • This benevolence toward conquered peoples was highly unusual in the ancient world, and thus this inscription confirms the biblical precedent attributed to the King Cyrus.

Persepolis Plaster Cast

This Persian plaster cast is believed to portray King Xerxes with his scepter. As such, the cast:

  • Demonstrates what the husband of the biblical Esther looked like (Xerxes is believed to be the most likely candidate for the Persian King Ahasuerus in the Hebrew Bible)
  • Regarding the scepter portrayed on the cast: Unless the king extended this, anyone who entered his inner court without invitation would be put to death (Esther 4:10-11). Queen Esther, urgent to talk to the king, entered his inner court without prior invitation. Ahasuerus extended this scepter toward her, which Esther came forward and touched (Esther 5:2).

Susa Glazed Brick Panel

This beautiful brick paneling belonged to the eastern gate of the palace at Persia’s capital city. Dating to around 500 B.C., the glazed brick panel:

  • Belonged to the palace Susa, where the biblical account of Esther took place (“Shushan” in the Hebrew Bible Esther 1:2)
  • Would have been part of the same palace structure during the time of Queen Esther
  • Would have been a familiar section of wall to Esther’s older cousin and guardian, Mordecai. Mordecai was known to be stationed “in the king’s gate”—perhaps that station was right next this very image! (Esther 2:21)

These are some of the more special and unique biblical artifacts that the British Museum displays. There are many, many others that can be pointed out, to varying degrees of biblical “significance.” There is something really special about seeing these artifacts. Real, tangible pieces that provide the “illustrations” to the biblical text. Pieces that إثبات the veracity of the Bible, real pieces that you could just reach out and touch (although please don’t literally touch the artifacts—I got told off myself for getting too close to one of them!).

On our Watch Jerusalem archaeology page, we have been going through the various biblical stories that have been proved through biblical archaeology. The accurate biblical descriptions of civilization after civilization. Of city after city. Of personality after personality—multiple dozens of which have been validated by archaeology. Of individual artifact after artifact, of general story after story. While archaeology is a relatively “new” profession, it is simply remarkable just how much has been found thus far validating the biblical record.

Take the kings of Israel and Judah. Not that long ago, they were only really known from biblical sources—certainly not from artifacts. Now, archaeology has confirmed the existence of kings David, Omri, Ahab, Jehu, Joash, Jeroboam, Uzziah, Menahem, Pekah, Ahaz, Hoshea, Hezekiah, Manasseh and Jeconiah. These have all been named through scientific discoveries—and many of them, through multiple archaeological references. Time will only reveal more names. The British Museum houses evidence of five of those kings, plus the names of many more biblical figures.

The Bible is being proven to not just be a book of cute stories and a few historical names. The widening body of evidence for it is irrefutable. And the British Museum has become just one of many (albeit unintentional!) preservers of the incredible scriptural past.

You’ve read the biblical stories. Now, if you have the chance, go and ارى معهم.


Structural History & Reconstruction

The fort is situated atop a mesa which is surrounded by ravines which abut the sea. It is constructed of redwood planks (there is no other wood used in any of the structures) and forms a palisade. It is four varas high, uniformly, and is surmounted by a beam set with pointed stakes intended to dissuade any assault. It has three gates: one to the northeast, one to the west and one to the southeast… Diary of Fr. Mariano Payeras, 1822.

“It was called Ross by its commander and founder Kuskov,” writes Father Payeras, whose diary contains some of the earliest descriptions by an outsider after the fort’s completion, September 10, 1812 (modern calendar).

A report by Lieutenant Mariano Vallejo to Governor Figueroa in 1833 says its “walls form a quadrangle of exactly 100 varas1 square.” The fort’s formidable appearance was enhanced by two well-gunned blockhouses, and sentries on the two corners without blockhouses, “from which the sentinels chime bells each hour.” In spite of these defenses, erected against the natives and Spanish, the cannon were never fired in defense. Inside the stockade were “the commander’s house, two warehouses…another warehouse filled with provisions for the fort a barracks and three officials’ houses…” A “draw-well” was dug inside the stockade, in case of siege.

The chapel was added a few years later (circa 1825) the set of three suites for clerks (officials) described by Payeras is believed to have been remodeled around 1836 for Manager Rotchev. Two buildings were added between 1836 and 1840, the “new kitchen” and “new warehouse.” Only six buildings may be seen in the fort today—the original Russian-built Rotchev house and five reconstructions. The compound is aligned on the compass slightly east of magnetic north. Outside the stockade were a bake house, bath houses, threshing floors, two windmills with grindstones, a tannery and a brickworks (until 1832 when it was moved to Bodega Bay). There were large barns and corrals, the houses and gardens of the Russian artisans and promyshlenniki, and the low, possibly semi-subterranean dwellings of the Aleuts. In 1833 Mariano Vallejo reported as residences “59 large buildings more or less…arranged without order or symmetry.” Near the sandy beach were a smithy, boathouse and shipways. All of this has disappeared.

The elements are harsh on the California coast. A Bostonian visiting in 1832 described the structures as “weather-beaten.” Baron von Wrangell, governor of Russian America, wrote in his official report of 1834 that all the fort buildings “are neatly and orderly maintained and look comfortable, even handsome. However, almost all the buildings, as well as the stockade wall and watch-towers, are so old and dilapidated that either they need repairing or else they should be replaced by new structures.” Some were indeed repaired, but most had to wait a century, until they became a California state park! The State acquired the fort just before the earthquake of April, 1906. At this time seven Russian buildings and some of the stockade were still standing: two blockhouses (not in very good shape), the chapel, the Rotchev house, the officials’ quarters, and two warehouses (the “old” and “new” warehouses mentioned in the 1841 inventory had been combined into what was known as the “Dance Hall”). The chapel was knocked down in the earthquake, but its restoration was not begun until 1916. In 1925 the State appropriated $2,500 to rebuild the stockade and blockhouse and repair the Rotchev house. The first caretaker/ranger, William Turk, was hired in 1930, although funds for preservation were very limited from the 1920s until after World War II. Beginning in 1948 Curator John McKenzie initiated the restoration of the Rotchev house and the seven-sided blockhouse. In October, 1970, an intense accidental fire destroyed the chapel. A few months later an arson fire burned the roof of the Rotchev house. These calamities spurred the state to action, and the era of reconstruction began which produced the restorations seen today.

The fort is in a constant state of deterioration…. The walls and buildings are constructed of weak timbers insufficient to withstand any attack except by the natives who have no heavy arms, only bows and arrows. The walls could not withstand a cannon ball of any caliber. Report by Mariano G. Vallejo, 1833.

Set upon a hill with a sharp descent to the sea, and upon a smooth, clayish terrain, the wooden stockade is shaped in a rather large square, which forms four right angles. In two corners, diagonally opposed to each other and connected to the stockade walls, two watch towers have been erected with guns that protect all sides of this so-called fort. Nevertheless, it appears quite strong, and perhaps even unconquerable, in the eyes of the Indians and the Spanish here. Baron Ferdinand von Wrangell’s Report 1834.

A square fort, surrounded by a row of posts 172 sazhens long by 2 sazhens[1] high. There are turrets in two of the corners. Inventory for Mr. Sutter, 1841.

So the formidable facade did not fool the Spanish or Mexicans (who had few “heavy arms”[2] themselves!) And from the beginning, the heavy redwood posts, hewn, carried and set in 1812 by the Russian and North Pacific workers without “beasts of burden,” must have rotted at an alarming rate. In 1830 a 75 foot section was blown over during a heavy wind. Baron von Wrangell was concerned in 1833. Photographs from the ranch era, from about 1865 on, show very little of the original stockade standing.

After the fort became a state park, the stockade walls were restored a portion at a time. In 1929, the east, south, and part of the west walls were rebuilt. Archaeological excavations were undertaken in 1953, and a year later the west and east walls were completed. In 1972, Highway One was rerouted to bypass the fort in 1974 the stockade was completely enclosed, as it had been during the Russian occupation. Visitors from the 1940s to the 1970s who remember the eastern sally port gate, always open, will find it now often shut. The southern gate is the major opening, and gives access to the cliffs and coves below. Based on archival and archaeological evidence of its original location, the sally port gate in the west stockade wall was moved about ten feet to the north, and now opens to a trail leading to the Visitor Center. The walls have been rebuilt with foundations of structural steel and concrete—not as historically accurate, perhaps, but expected to be more permanent than redwood posts stuck into damp ground. In 1989 a portion of the east stockade wall was also rebuilt, after archaeological investigations found that the spacing of stockade posts should be corrected to comply with the Russian gauge. The north stockade wall was rebuilt in 1996-97.

..two bastions, one in the northern corner of the square mounting five cannons on two floors, and another bastion in the southern corner mounting four cannons. Diary of Fr. Mariano Payeras, 1822. In the two corners opposite each other, one overlooking the mountains and the other overlooking the sea, are mounted 12 pieces of artillery up in two towers or lookout platforms. Each piece is of eight caliber and six are located in each tower. Report by Mariano G. Vallejo, 1833.

The two blockhouses were noticed by priest and soldier alike, but apparently no visitor observed that one is seven-sided (the northwest) and one eight-sided (the southeast). Both towers stood, quite decayed, for many years.

Twenty-seven days after Fort Ross officially became a historic site of the State of California, the massive earthquake of April 18, 1906 struck. Due to the fort’s proximity to the San Andreas fault, all of the historic buildings suffered structural damage. The Russian blockhouses and the chapel, which had successfully withstood the wind and rain for nearly a century, were now in a state of collapse. The southeast blockhouse was not renovated until 1930. Original floor boards from the officials’ quarters were set in this eight-sided blockhouse floor they are still in place. In 1948, ruins of the northwest blockhouse were removed, and it was reconstructed in 1950-51 using Russian joinery techniques. In 1956-57, the southeast blockhouse was again repaired.

The old house for the commandant, two stories, built of beams, 8 toises [sazhens] long by 6 wide, covered with double planking. There are 6 rooms and a kitchen. Inventory for Mr. Sutter, 1841.

This building served as headquarters for the first manager, Ivan Kuskov, and as a storeroom for arms and other valuables. It must have been one of the first of the Russian buildings to be lost there are no pictures or reports of it from the following ranching years. Archaeological investigations found a line of postholes to aid its reconstruction. The substantial building was carefully designed based on the 1817 stockade layout, visitors’ descriptions, and on other Russian American buildings of similar use. It stands in its original location, built by 20th century craftsmen using old joinery techniques.

“In one corner of the commandant’s living room there was on a canvas two feet high a painting of St. Peter and St. Paul and another very small one below it of St. Nicholas. Writings of Mariano Payeras, 1822.

The first room we entered was the armory, containing many muskets, ranged in neat order hence we passed into the chief room of the house, which is used as a dining room & in which all business is transacted. It was comfortably, though not elegantly furnished, and the walls were adorned with engravings of Nicholas I, Duke Constantine, &c… An (anonymous) Bostonian’s description, 1832.

The replica Kuskov House was completed in 1983. It has a furnished armory and storerooms on the ground floor, and a trade room and attached living quarters upstairs. From the second floor “dining room,” one can see the sea, and any approaching ships through the old-style hand-made glass. It is now the most spacious room in the fort, and worth a climb up the stairs, over which heavy doors were installed in the reconstruction.

Also upstairs is a small room on the northeast corner designed as a scientific study. The Russian naturalist Ilya G. Voznesenskii spent part of 1841 at the fort, collecting and sketching the lab is arranged as he might have used it. Several local plants and animals are named for Voznesenskii, and his watercolor of Fort Ross is one of the most accurate and valuable visual representations of the settlement.

The house for Company employees, which has 10 rooms and 2 corridors 10 sazhens long by 31/2 wide. Inventory for Mr. Sutter, 1841.

Probably the first building constructed after the fort walls were erected, the long, sturdy officials’ quarters parallels the sea just inside the stockade. An anonymous account of Fort Ross under Kuskov reports a “communal barracks” constructed within the first year of the fort’s existence however this could also refer to the main soldiers’ barracks which was located on the east side of the stockade area. The officials’ quarters now seen in the fort is reconstructed on the location of one of the longest surviving original Russian buildings. Its demise began only when its timbers were used to reconstruct the chapel in 1916. Its reconstruction was completed in 1981. The building now contains a dining room with an adjacent Russian stove for warmth and bread baking. There are a storeroom, a wood shop, a metal shop, a “jail room,” and several individual sleeping rooms. Exhibits in this building do not necessarily reflect the activities which took place in the “officials’ quarters.” The office of the Fort Ross Interpreters may also be found in this structure.

The chapel is constructed from wooden boards… It has a small belfry and is rather plain its entire interior decoration consists of two icons in silver rizas. The chapel at Fort Ross receives almost no income from its members or from those Russians who are occasional visitors. Journal of Father Ioann Veniaminov, 1836.

The most notable structure at the fort, the chapel, is unusual for North America and often photographed. With its landmark “small belfry” a familiar sight along Highway One, the chapel is a mecca to visiting Russians. The greatest efforts made over the years in maintenance and preservation at Fort Ross have been for the chapel. It was constructed by the resident Russians about 1825 with their own funds, and funds donated by visiting Russian officers and crew of the Kreiser. The chapel was never consecrated and there was no permanent priest but one Company official, Fedor Svin’in, appeared to act as a lay deacon, according to Father Payeras. It was used and revered during the Russian tenure, as it is today. “The chapel with a cupola,” as it appears in the Russians’ inventory for Mr. Sutter in 1841, is not anywhere extensively described by early visitors to the fort. The earliest photographs of the original Russian chapel are from the 1880s.

In the 1906 earthquake the chapel’s old walls completely caved in and the floors and foundation were reduced to rubble. The roof and the turrets came to rest over the foundation virtually intact. In the spring of 1916 the State Legislature appropriated $3,000 toward its reconstruction. George W. Call’s son, Carlos, a strong advocate of the proposal, was appointed supervisor of the rebuilding. The chapel’s reconstruction mainly involved giving the building a new foundation and walls and bringing the original roof into position. Carlos Call and his local carpenters solved the practical problems of increasing the building’s structural integrity, but the chapel’s original appearance was changed.

To replace the building’s broken supports, original Russian-cut timbers and planks were taken from the officials’ quarters and part of the old warehouse. Since the upright wallboards from the officials’ quarters were over a foot too short for the chapel walls, the floor was raised to make the chapel roof the correct height. It was then necessary to add a small porch and step to the front of the chapel to make it easier to enter. From historic measurements and observations of similar chapels in Russia, such an addition was reasonable, and in fact there once may have been an extended shed-roofed porch or kryltso, typical in similar Russian chapels. Due to the damage sustained by the ceiling joists and roof beams, an extra side wall stud was added for stronger support. This increased the number of panels on the south wall, and thus the number of windows, from three to four. Later it was found that in this 1916-18 reconstruction the north and east walls of the chapel were not aligned with the original stockade this was subsequently corrected.

A serious error with theological implications occurred when the roof of the cupola was restored in a different style and a Roman, rather than Russian Orthodox, cross was erected on the bell tower. In 1939, a Russian Orthodox cross replaced the Roman cross however, it was put on the bell tower upside-down due to a carpenter’s misinterpretation of a pattern given to him by a visiting Russian Orthodox bishop. A letter to the governor of California signed by several hundred people noting the mistake was forwarded to the carpenter, and in 1941 the Russian Orthodox cross was put up correctly!

Although the Park staff was aware of the changes in design and recommended their correction, the alterations produced by the 1916 reconstruction remained for nearly forty years. Only as public interest in Fort Ross grew and the study of its building construction became more intensive, was the state persuaded to appropriate new funds to bring the building into closer conformity with the original. Finally, in 1955, a second restoration was funded. The walls of the chapel were rebuilt with three windows and the building was correctly aligned with the adjoining stockade as indicated by archaeological excavation, but the elevation of the floor was still high. In 1960, the cupola was replaced with a more authentic Russian roof style, and a small cross was added. This cross was later replaced by a tall Russian Orthodox cross.

On October 5, 1970, the restored Russian chapel was entirely destroyed in an accidental fire that swept through the building, leaving nothing but a few charred timbers. Once again supporters of Fort Ross quickly organized to promote a third rebuilding of the chapel. Funds were obtained from a variety of sources local residents, Russian American groups, and government agencies all contributed. The Department of Parks and Recreation conducted a comprehensive study of the building site based on new archaeological techniques, and developed updated historical data and additional detail on floor alignment, configuration, and use of building materials. The chapel that emerged in 1973 is what is seen today in the compound.

When the Russians left Fort Ross in 1841, they apparently took all the icons with them. They left one large bell, a candelabra, a candlestand and a lectern which were destroyed when the chapel burned in 1970. All have been replaced with replicas. The bell that hangs today outside the rebuilt chapel was recast, using the original bell’s materials and a rubbing which had been made from the original. It bears the inscription: “Cast in the St. Petersburg Foundry of Master Craftsman Mikhail Makharovich Stukolkin.” The bell’s deep, resonant chime can easily be heard across the stockade, and twice a year it announces to the public the Orthodox services held in the chapel.

The new house for the commandant, built of square beams, 8 sazhens long by 4 wide. There are 6 rooms and a vestibule. Inventory for Mr. Sutter, Dec. 20, 1841.

Along with the chapel, the structure of most historical interest at Fort Ross is the Rotchev house, an existing building renovated about 1836 for Alexander Rotchev, the last manager of Ross. It is the only surviving structure which contains construction techniques dating back to the Russian era. This structure was known as the “Commandant’s House” from the 1940s through the 1970s. It was titled the “new commandant’s house” in the 1841 inventory to differentiate it from the Kuskov or “old commandant’s house.”

The Rotchevs apparently lived in comfort—or with as much style as they could manage in the wilderness of the California coast. One visitor commented on their “choice library, French wines, a piano, and a score of Mozart” (Duflot de Mofras, 1841). All these refinements disappeared with the Russian inhabitants in that year the house as it exists now is stripped to its bare walls.

About two years after the Russians departed, William Benitz took up residence in the building. When he married, he enlarged the house by building a two story addition to accommodate his growing family.

The Benitz family sold the ranch in 1867. The house was also used as a dwelling by James Dixon for a short time after his purchase of the fort in 1867, and by Ada Fairfax, her mother, and her entourage, after her husband’s death in 1869. The Russian Rotchev house was the George Call family’s dwelling from their purchase in 1873 until early 1878, when they built their own house. It then became a hotel, and was so operated into the early 1900s. It was later occupied by a caretaker family.

By the early twentieth century, the building was beginning to fall into ruin. Beginning in 1925, steps were taken to restore the Rotchev house to its original appearance. It received a new foundation and a new shingled gabled roof. A kitchen and the two-storied addition were removed in 1926. Other repairs and modifications were carried out after World War II. The long front porch was removed in 1945, a Russian-style hipped roof of long boards replaced the gabled roof in 1948, and new windows and concrete piers were added. In 1971, the Rotchev house was damaged by an arson fire. At that time it was being used as the Fort Ross Museum, and had many artifacts stored in the attic. The roof burned and most of the artifacts were damaged, lost or stolen. A comprehensive plan was then drawn to guide its restoration. A new hipped roof was constructed, but the original wall timbers, floor timbers, and ceiling were retained along with the original window and door frames. In 1974, the Rotchev house was reopened to the public, its structure restored as carefully as possible. Future plans may include the restoration of the building’s interior as it might have been when the Rotchevs lived there.

Early visitors counted up to nine structures inside the stockade. They are all on the Inventory of 1841. The six buildings seen today, the two blockhouses, the Kuskov house, chapel, Rotchev house and officials’ quarters, along with the well, represent only a sample of the once rich and vibrant life around the fort, when up to 300 men, women and children and thousands of domestic animals lived here. The variety and complexity of the community is strikingly revealed in the Inventory given to Sutter in 1841. However, only one building not seen today long survived the Russian occupation: The fur warehouse was described in the 1841 Inventory as “The old warehouse, two stories, built of beams, 8 sazhens long by 4 wide. It is surrounded by an open gallery with pillars.” Also mentioned by Father Payeras in 1822, it was located between the Rotchev house and the northwest blockhouse. This barn was used well into the twentieth century as a popular place for community dances at this time the adjoining new warehouse had been combined with it by vertical board siding.

Other structures inside the stockade lost after Sutter’s 1841 Inventory, and some of whose locations are uncertain are: “The granary, built of planks, 7 sazhens long by 4 wide” (this building is also called the new warehouse in the Spanish version of the Inventory prepared by Vallejo in 1833) “A kitchen, 4 sazhens long by 3½ wide” “A storehouse for provisions, planked, 6 sazhens long by 4 wide,” (this last was probably one of the three storehouses mentioned by Father Payeras). This building between the southeast blockhouse and the south gate had an “attached jailhouse.” In addition there were a barracks with 8 rooms and 2 vestibules, 11 sazhens long by 4 wide, and a well 2½ sazhens deep. (Inventory for Mr. Sutter, 1841)

There were many important Company buildings outside the fort as well: In the “box canyon” above Sandy Cove mentioned in the Report by Vallejo in 1833 were “a beautiful house and shipyard for building ships.” (The shipyard had been abandoned by 1825, but smaller boats were still constructed later.) The Inventory for Mr. Sutter calls it “A shed for the baidarkas, on beams, 10 sazhens long by 5 wide.” Mentioned in the 1841 Inventory were: a “forge and blacksmith shop,” “tannery,” “cooperage,” and “public bath, 5 sazhens long by 2½ wide,” all at the foot of the bluff by the creek. “Around the fort,” the Inventory continues, but probably a bit farther away, were a “public kitchen,” “two byres [for cattle] built of beams, 20 sazhens long…,” “a corral” 28 by 20 sazhens, two sheds for ewes and swine, a dairy, a carpentry shed [with sawmill?], a cordage machine and a well.

The Report by Vallejo of 1833 was particularly impressed with the “two fine grist-mills, one powered by wind and the other by water…[off] the box canyon.” They were still there in 1841, with their grindstones the wind-powered mill had a capacity of “20 fanegas/day” [A Spanish fanega is about 11/2 bushels]. Associated with these were a “planked floor for winnowing wheat, a wooden threshing floor and a storehouse for cleaning wheat.” Another threshing floor and shed were some 500 sazhens (about 1166 yards) away. Scattered around the fort was a haphazard collection of domestic buildings and gardens, arranged in “a confusing and disorienting perspective,” said Vallejo in 1833, who counted almost sixty dwellings. The 1841 Inventory lists twenty-four planked dwellings with glazed windows, a floor and a ceiling each had a garden. There were eight sheds, eight bath houses and ten kitchens. All have disappeared. Probably their valuables were taken to Sitka by the Russians, their timbers and fences used by Benitz or burned by the Kashaya, following their tradition of burning the grasslands to renew the seed plants.

Although all the above structures have disappeared forever, one Russian enterprise left strong traces for several decades—the Russian orchard on the hillside north of the fort. The Russian Inventory of 1841 lists 260 fruit trees—apples, peaches, pears, quince, cherries. Some of these plantings survived well into the ranching times their scions may yet live on in the orchard which the Park maintains today. (The Russian orchard was greatly increased by the ranchers William Benitz planted over 1700 trees.) There was a house at the orchard in 1841, and a “white house” up the Fort Ross Creek where lumberman James Dixon lived after 1867.

“To the northeast at a cannon shot’s distance they have their cemetery, although unfenced. In it there is a noteworthy distinction… [a] mausoleum atop a sepulcher of three square steps, from larger to smaller. Above these was a pyramid two yards high, and over it a ball topped off by a cross, all painted white and black, which is what most attracts one’s attention when you descend from the mountain. Over another burial of an individual de razón they placed only something like a box, and over the Kodiaks a cross… All of the crosses we saw are patriarchal a small cross above and a larger cross nearby like arms, and below, a diagonally placed stick…” Payeras, 1822.

The only outlying facility to survive in some visible form is the old Russian cemetery. It is situated across the ravine on a bluff east of the fort. The several monuments seen in the early photographs no longer exist. A cemetery restoration project conducted in the early 1990s by the University of Wisconsin and the California Department of Parks and Recreation discovered over 150 individual burials in the old Russian cemetery.

THE CALL HOUSE & OTHER RANCH ERA BUILDINGS

After its acquisition by the state in 1962, the Call house continued to be lived in by the family. After 1972, it served briefly as a ranger residence. In preparation for opening the building as a museum depicting life at Fort Ross circa 1890, restoration and maintenance work are ongoing, as well as the development of a furnishing and interpretation plan. Beginning in the 1970s and continuing today, volunteers are restoring the Call gardens to Mrs. Mercedes Call’s original plans.

The wooden school building built in 1884 by George Call on the cliff overlooking the Northwest Harbor (some of its foundation still visible today) was moved up to the ridge early in this century, to follow the school population it was built to serve. It is now “in storage,” and on view, at Stillwater Cove Regional Park, four miles northwest of Fort Ross. The large Call dairy of 1898 stands above Highway One. Several small barns and outbuildings remain near the Call ranch house. An old house known as the “Turk House,” home of Carlos Call and later residence of William H. Turk, the first Fort Ross ranger, stood across the creek from the Calls’ house on the west side of the present picnic area.

Wooden framed loading chutes of various degrees of sophistication were built from the mid-nineteenth century when the deep-water northwest cove was first used for loading timber products and produce. Few remnants of the chutes remain. A ground hugging chute was built by Benitz to load his substantial crops down to boats in Sandy Cove. The “potato barn” Benitz built on the bluff across from Sandy Cove where he stored produce for market is gone. In some of his correspondence, Benitz mentioned a Russian sawmill which he still used. It is not in the 1841 Inventory, unless it was part of the Russians’ “carpentry shed.”

ARCHAEOLOGICAL PROJECTS AT FORT ROSS

Archaeological investigations in the Fort Ross area have contributed valuable information and helped to authenticate the various reconstructions. They illuminate the history of the early Kashaya Indians and the Russian and subsequent American settlements. The earliest work, recording sites for excavation, was done by researchers from the University of California Berkeley in the late 1940s. Excavation projects have been undertaken at various times over the years by archaeologists and anthropologists from University of California Berkeley, San Francisco State University, Santa Rosa Junior College, Sonoma State University, Cabrillo College, the University of Wisconsin, and the California State Department of Parks and Recreation.

The first intensive series of excavations was done in preparation for the reconstruction of the stockade walls and blockhouses in the 1950s. Archaeological work was conducted in the early 1970s in preparation for rerouting Highway One from the center of the stockade area to its present location outside the fort. Additional work during these years was done near the chapel and at the sites of the officials’ quarters, the Kuskov house, the old warehouse, barracks, and the provisions storehouse. Diggings were also focused on the areas of the Visitor Center, Fort Ross Reef Campground, archaeology camp, and the Russian orchard. In the 1980s, further exploration was made of the east and west stockade walls during their replacement. Archaeologists have also turned their attention to marine surveys, seeking to map the various locations of sunken vessels in Fort Ross Cove, and to determine the location of the Russian shipbuilding activity.

The Native American sites were first recorded by archaeologists in the 1930s and in the 1960s. In the 1980s archaeological work was extended from the coast to the ridge line northeast of the fort. Prehistoric occupation sites have also been examined at the Reef Campground and on the bluff up the coast from Fort Ross.

In 1990 the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee assisted the Department of Parks and Recreation in a project intended to restore the historic Russian cemetery to its former appearance. Excavations to locate and identify the individual Orthodox burials were conducted. Over one hundred and fifty individuals are known to have been buried in the cemetery (though most are not identified by name). Remains have been reinterred and given last rites by priests of the Russian Orthodox Church gravesites have been marked with temporary wooden crosses. Artifacts, such as beads, buttons, cloth fragments and religious medals found in the cemetery restoration project, will help researchers better understand the Russian settlement’s culture.

Archaeological investigations at Fort Ross are ongoing. Beginning in the summer of 1988, the University of California Berkeley and the Department of Parks and Recreation began a ten year project to enrich our understanding of Fort Ross’ diverse population. Sites have been investigated at Sandy Beach and at the Native Alaskan village on the bluff in front of the stockade archaeologists also surveyed the park for previously unrecorded sites.

Artifacts uncovered in Fort Ross excavations reveal the settlement’s cultural diversity. Some examples are: bone harpoon points typical of those used by Native Alaskan hunters corner notched arrow heads of obsidian, chert, and bottle glass used by the Coast Miwok and Kashaya Indians an extensive array of English and Chinese ceramics, and two pieces of Russian ware with Cyrillic hallmarks (Gusyatnikov and Poskochin) Orthodox crosses found with the burials oversize Russian bricks made at Fort Ross and/or Bodega Bay cannon balls and gun flints representing the main armaments of the fort thousands of glass beads used for personal adornment and decoration by the California Indians and the Native Alaskans chinaware from the period of the Fort Ross Hotel a gold ring, probably once worn by a member of the Call family a large japanoiserie brass button which may have decorated the apparel of a late 19th century visitor to the dance hall and telegraph insulators from the 1870s, which help date the arrival of modern communications to the Call Ranch. Although few of these are museum pieces, they tell their own stories of life on the Sonoma Coast over the past several centuries.

Fort Ross Conservancy, a 501(c)(3) and California State Park cooperating association, connects people to the history and beauty of Fort Ross and Salt Point State Parks.

© Fort Ross Conservancy, 19005 Coast Highway One, Jenner, CA 95450, 707-847-3437


Workshop on Lahore Fort Picture Wall today

LAHORE: A three-day international workshop, from Jan 15 to Jan 17, will be held at Lahore Fort to highlight the conservation of the 1,450-feet long and 50-feet high Picture Wall – a famous expanse of decorative glazed tile and wall painting.

A prototype preservation was carried over a 45-feet high and 30-feet wide panel on the western segment of the Picture Wall by Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC) and the Walled City of Lahore Authority (WCLA) involving the experts from Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France and Sri Lanka. The process was started in 2016 and completed in December 2017.

The Picture Wall reflects the highest standards of 17th century Mughal period craftsmanship and is one of the key reasons for the inscription of Lahore Fort as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The AKTC and the WCLA are jointly holding this event, which will bring together national and international experts from various disciplines including conservation, architecture, engineering, material sciences, history, archaeology, planning, anthropology, and heritage enthusiasts. Notable policy makers, federal and provincial government departments as well as key donor representatives will attend the workshop. The purpose of this collaborative effort is to review the work carried out on the prototype on a panel of the Picture Wall and to generate professional discussion on a framework for further intervention. Once this workshop is concluded, with the agreement of all the experts, the work on the remaining wall will be started by WCLA and Aga Khan Cultural Service Pakistan (AKCSP).

AKCSP CEO Salman Beg said AKCSP, country affiliate of AKTC, carried out preliminary documentation of the Picture Wall in 2015-2017 as part of the larger Lahore Fort Conservation Project. In November 2016, AKTC-AKCSP organised a preliminary workshop to review the documentation process and to deliberate upon the stages of work to be included in developing the prototype over a 45-feet high and 30-feet wide panel on the western segment of the Picture Wall. The selected panel reflects all types of surface decorations found on the Picture Wall. Work on the prototype was carried out between February and December of 2017 and included six international missions to Lahore comprising microbiologists, surface conservators and material scientists from Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France and Sri Lanka. In reviewing the prototype panel, the current workshop aims to facilitate a dialogue on the way forward.

WCLA Director General Kamran Lashari said this was a big initiative in which AKCSP had helped WCLA with their expertise and technicalities. The project would not have been possible without them. All the methodologies and techniques used in the process are according to the international standards keeping in view the sensitivity of the World Heritage Site. The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany contributed generous grant assistance for the prototype conservation of the panel. Prior documentation work was made possible with the financial support from the Royal Norwegian Embassy.


شاهد الفيديو: تزيين لوحات حائطية بطريقة رائعة pēbēo prisme (ديسمبر 2022).

Video, Sitemap-Video, Sitemap-Videos